How do I rent a storage unit?
- You can reserve or rent a storage unit or parking space here on our website 24/7, or you can call us at (318) 223-3036 during business hours and we can set you up that way as well.
What documents do I need to rent a unit?
- A current (not expired) government-issued ID is required, such as a driver's license, passport, or military ID. We also require a cell phone number, mailing address, and email address to set up your account.
What kinds of security features do you have?
- We have a state of the art video camera system recording 24/7, a fully fenced perimeter, exterior lighting throughout the property, and a restricted-access gate system for our customers.
How can I pay for my storage unit?
- We accept credit/debit card payments and direct deposit only.
Do you accept cash or checks/money orders?
- No, we do not. Checks get lost and delayed during delivery. Card payments and direct deposit are the most secure way to pay and the least costly, so that’s what we require for everyone.
Can I pay in advance for my rent?
- Yes! A credit will remain on your account and be reduced each month by the rental amount due at that time.
Are you open 24/7?
- Yes, we are open 7 days per week, but not 24 hours per day. Most people do not need overnight access, so we are open from 6am to 9:30p, which is convenient for most people. This also reduces the likelihood of break-ins and mischief at the facility, which improves the safety of your stored belongings.
I really need late night/early morning access to the facility. Can you make an exception for me?
- Contact us to let us know why you need special access and we may be able to grant this for you. Typically, only legitimate, verifiable business reasons are allowed.
Can I sign the rental agreement on paper and mail it or hand it to someone, instead of signing it electronically online?
- We would much prefer you sign it on your smartphone or computer, but if you’d like to print the rental agreement and review and sign it that way, that’s ok too. Keep in mind you will not get access to the facility and your unit until we receive a signed copy of your agreement back, along with your rental payment.
How can I deliver my printed, signed rental agreement to you?
- You can scan it or take pictures of all the pages and email it to us at StockwellPlaceStorage@Gmail.com, or you can mail it to our address. Keep in mind mail delivery is slow and can get lost, so the fastest way to sign the rental agreement and get access is by doing it all online! We may also arrange for you to meet a Facility Caretaker on site, when available.
Do you offer a discount for seniors or military veterans?
- Yes! We offer a 10% discount for both seniors over 65 and military veterans, with proper ID provided. However, you cannot combine the two discounts to get 20% off.
Can I sleep or “live” inside a storage unit?
- NO! It is illegal to sleep or live inside a storage unit and we have a zero-tolerance policy against this. This creates safety and liability hazards, so anyone caught sleeping or “living” in a storage unit will be required to leave the premises immediately and must vacate the storage unit within 14 days.
What can I store inside a storage unit?
- Storage units can be used for a wide range of items. For things that can’t be stored in storage units, the general rule is that anything that is edible, illegal, flammable, or combustible, or will rot and attract insects and/or rodents can NOT be stored.
Can Be Stored…
- And much more!
Can NOT Be Stored…
- Flammable and combustible items like gas, propane tanks, oil, and car batteries
- Motor Vehicles - We have outdoor parking for this instead!